Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Reading Facts


By: Dr. Donald E. Wetmore

-95% of all the books in America are purchased by only 5% of the people. The other 95% of the people purchase the other 5% of the books. (They probably don’t read them; they don’t have the time; they give them away as gifts.)

-The average person has two hours of reading per day.

-If someone, making $50,000 per year can save one hour per day, which translates into a savings worth $6,250 per year, year after year.

-The average person reads at approximately 200 words per minute.

-The average person, reading just 15 minutes per day, can read one book per month, twelve books per year.

-The average person retains only 5% of what is read once, after thirty days.

-Reading is a primary source of new knowledge and skills for more success in life.

-This is the “Information Age”. Half of what we know today, we did not know fifteen years ago. The amount of knowledge has doubled in the last fifteen years and is said to be doubling again every eighteen months.

-We receive more information in one day than people in the early 1900’s received in their lifetime.

-Increasing reading speed and comprehension is a skill that anyone can learn without regard to their education, background, job, or intelligence.

-Increasing reading speed and comprehension is an essential tool in today’s competitive environment and it is the most immediate and easiest Time Management tool to increase your career success.

Dynamic Reading or Speed Reading is not new. It is not a “skimming skill” either. Dynamic Reading will help you to double your reading speed so that you can read what you want in half the time or read twice as much in the same amount of time. You will want to read more because you will be getting more out of it with less effort and in less time. Reading will become more productive and more enjoyable. Imagine, reading a novel in one sitting!

Dynamic Reading will help you to double your comprehension rate. If you read two hours per day, on average, and you learn how to easily double both your reading speed and comprehension rate, you will enjoy four times the results and benefits as from the same effort.

What does it take? Attend our six-hour Dynamic Reading program. You will receive the benefits of a four-fold increase in your reading success by the end of that day!

Why? Because you will have the opportunity to practice the simple techniques created and taught by Dr. Donald E. Wetmore, a lifelong speed-reader and one of the best classroom instructors in the country today. (Most people rate his seminars as, “the best I have ever attended!”) Don will work with you personally, and take you step-by-step to greater reading skills in his fun-filled, entertaining, fast-paced program, Dynamic Reading.

At the Productivity Institute, we specialize in helping people get more out of life in less time. We will conduct our Dynamic Reading program for your group, on-site, at your location.

For more information, call Don now at (800) 969-3773 or (203) 386-8062 or send an email to: and put “speed” in the subject line.

Dr. Donald E. Wetmore-Professional Speaker
Productivity Institute
Time Management Seminars
127 Jefferson St.
Stratford, CT 06615
(203) 386-8062 (800) 969-3773
Visit Our Time Management Supersite:

Professional Member-National Speakers Association since 1989
Copyright 1999

No comments: